- 2023 Four Horsemen Studios Year in Review
This was our most exciting and ambitious year ever - and we recap it month-by-month here in this article!yd
- Published on 12.28.23
- Behind the Scenes: Recapping Mythic Weekend 2023
2023 was the biggest and best "Mythic Weekend" ever! Relive the fun (or see what you missed) with this recap article and tons of pictures!
- Published on 12.19.23
- Behind the Scenes: Designing the OxKrewe Campside Diorama
For the second important chapter in the Cosmic Legions story, we sought to create our most complex diorama scene to date! In this "Behind the Scenes" article we will look at the creation of the OxKrewe Campside Diorama.
- Published on 09.13.23
- Behind the Scenes: Designing the OxKrewe Armor
The design of the "new" OxKrewe armor dates back to long before the reveals of the latest Cosmic Legions wave - back to even before Mythic Legions was introduced to the toy collecting world!
- Published on 09.06.23
- Behind the Scenes - Creating the Piano for August Wilson’s The Piano Lesson
A look at a very cool project that we completed recently by BBProps and Four Horsemen Studios - the incredibly detailed piano at the center of the Broadway play, August Wilson’s The Piano Lesson.
- Published on 01.27.23
- 2022 Four Horsemen Studios Year in Review
A month-by-month breakdown of the releases, preorders, news, and surprises from Four Horsemen Studios in 2022!
- Published on 01.04.23
- Behind the Scenes: Life-size Kkurzog Statue
A look at the build of the massive, 10-foot Mythic Legions Kkurzog statue from LegionsCon 2022
- Published on 12.15.22
- Behind the Scenes: Recapping Mythic Weekend 2022
The trio of Intern for a Day. G-con: Necronominus, and LegionsCon 2022 made for an incredible 4-days of Legions fun - and we recap it all right here!
- Published on 11.26.22
- Behind the Scenes: Creating the Figura Obscura Logo
Learn about the creation of the new Figura Obscura logo, and the mysterious "keys" that unlock the secrets of this line!
- Published on 10.05.22
- Behind the Scenes: Cosmic Legions Book 1 Test Shots
Debuting at Power-Con 2022, we take a look at the first test shots from the inaugural Cosmic Legions wave!
- Published on 08.11.22
- Behind the Scenes: Intern for a Day, April 2022
On Saturday, April 2, 2022, Four Horsemen Studios opened our doors for what has become one of our favorite events of the year. We are, of course, talking about the latest installment of our popular “Intern for a Day” event!
- Published on 06.01.22
- Behind the Scenes: Cosmic Legions Fine Cuts
What exactly are fine cuts and where do they fit into the process of toy creation? We will answer that question and also get a better look at some of the awesome fine cuts from Cosmic Legions!
- Published on 02.22.22
- Behind the Scenes: Checking in on Mythic Legions Tactics: War of the Aetherblade’s Progress
Whether you’ve been following this upcoming Mythic Legions game from the beginning, or are new to the community, you’re going to want to hear the latest developments and revels that will bring Mythoss to life for us in 2022!
- Published on 02.08.22
- Behind the Scenes: Real World Cultural and Historical Influences in Mythic Legions
Legions will never be a historically accurate recreation of real-world warrior, but we do enjoy working those elements into the line when we feel it is appropriate. Let's take a look at some of these influences.
- Published on 02.01.22
- 2021 Four Horsemen Studios Year in Review
Here is a month by month breakdown of the incredible year of toy reveals, releases, and surprises from us for 2021!
- Published on 01.04.22
- Behind the Scenes: Recapping Mythic Weekend 2021
Whether you were there in person of following the fun from home, this article will get you a look at all the fun of November 10th to 14th, 2021!
- Published on 11.23.21
- Behind the Scenes: Shooting Cosmic Legions
An interview with Trevor Williams, aka One-Six Shooter, about the photo shoot for Cosmic Legions - Hvalkatar: Book One
- Published on 10.26.21
- Behind the Scenes: Creating the Cosmic Coin
In this article, we will look at how this commemorative coin was conceived and designed to be included as a gift for Cosmic Legions’ early supporters!
- Published on 10.19.21
- Behind the Scenes: Building the Hvalkatar Set Pieces
Crashbox Customs shares photos and details of the work that they did creating the amazing set pieces for Cosmic Legions - Hvalkatar: Book One
- Published on 10.05.21
- Behind the Scenes: Creating Cosmic Legions
A look at the history of Cosmic Legions, from the earliest designs to the planned launch of this exciting new line.
- Published on 09.07.21
- An Interview with Great Hall Games Studio
As the Kickstarter for Mythic Legions Tactics: War of the Aetherblade draws closer, we sit down with the game team to find out what's new in the development of this exciting expansion on the Mythic Legions property!
- Published on 07.27.21
- Behind the Scenes: An Interview with Chris Gawrych
A fun and revealing interview with the "big bird" of Four Horsemen Studios, the wild and wacky Chris Gawrych!
- Published on 04.13.21
- Behind the Scenes: Mythic Legions Tactics
A conversation we had with the team behind the Mythic Legions Tactics game, providing a little insight into what you can expect from this new project!
- Published on 01.19.21
- Recapping Mythic Weekend!
A look back at 2 amazing days of Legions content - including interviews, panel discussions, reveals, and suprises!
- Published on 11.17.20
- Behind the Scenes: Mythic Legions 1.0 Packaging Samples
A look at some photos of the packaging samples we were sent way back when the first Mythic Legions wave was still in development.
- Published on 11.03.20
- Behind the Scenes: A Look at the Unreleased Symbiotech Line
First presented during our "FANtastic Exclusive" voting process, our unreleased Symbiotech line would've give fans some of the most unique and diverse toys we've ever created.
- Published on 10.30.20
- Behind the Scenes: Mynothecean Artwork
A look at some very early character and weapon art from our studio's very first action figure project!
- Published on 09.22.20
- Behind the Scenes: A Look at the Arethyr “Fine Cuts”
There are a number of stages in the process of taking an action figure from prototype to production. One of the stages in this process is what is known as “fine cuts”.
- Published on 08.25.20
- Behind the Scenes: A Look at Never Released Seventh Kingdom Figure Designs
A look at some of the Seventh Kingdom character designs that never actually made it into production as action figures.
- Published on 07.10.20
- Behind the Scenes: Four Horsemen Studios’ “Intern for a Day”
During the Mythic Legions: Advent of Decay Kickstarter campaign, one of the “rewards” that fans could select was an experience listed as “Intern for a Day”. This is a personal recap of this incredible day, and how it set the stage for the work I now get to do with the studio and this website!
- Published on 03.13.20
- Behind the Scenes: The Sketchbooks of Four Horsemen Studios
How cool would it be to get a glimpse at how Mythic Legions are conceived at the earliest stages of their development? I thought that would be pretty awesome too, which is why I bugged the studio to send me some cool “Behind the Scenes” sketches to share in this article.
- Published on 02.21.20
- Behind the Scenes: A Look at an Early Version of Xylona
Previously unreleased photos of the initial colors that the Elder Frost Deer, Xylona, was initially meant to include.
- Published on 01.28.20
- Behind the Scenes: The Castle of Four Sides
There is no symbol in Mythoss that better represents the heroic factions commitment to working to together to protect the Realm than the mighty Castle of Four Sides.
- Published on 12.31.19
- Behind the Scenes: A Look at an Early Version of Morgolyth
The original plans for this skeletal high priestess called for her elaborate head dress to be painted in purple and silver.
- Published on 12.17.19
- The Tale of Halfnon
While we have a very adept liaison between our studio and the factory, there are still time where the language barrier proves challenging – and sometimes, like in this case, it yields some awesome gems.
- Published on 10.04.19